If you are considering doing a Studio City remodeling project, remodeling a bathroom is a project that will provide you with one of the biggest returns on your money. Check out my blog about the biggest returns on your remodeling project, where I mention that U.S. News & Word Report states that if you’re considering doing a San Fernando Valley home renovation in your bathroom, you will get an average ROI of 62%.
If you are going to renovate your bathroom in Studio City, consider a green remodel, which is good for the environment and your home. We all know that there is a drought currently going on in California, so we should be doing everything we can to save water. You should start with switching out your toilets, faucets and shower heads. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “the average American family of four uses 400 gallons of water per day. On average, approximately 70 percent of that water is used indoors, with the bathroom being the largest consumer (a toilet alone can use 27 percent!).” Below find five green bathroom remodeling ideas.
Five Studio City Green Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
1. Toilets – The EPA states that older toilets can use up to six gallons of water with every flush, while new water-efficient toilets use as little as 1.28 gallons, which can save you up to $110 a year in utility bills. To start your Studio City bathroom remodel, swith out your toilets with new ones with a WaterSense label, which are guaranteed to save you money on your water bill. When choosing an eco-friendly toilet, you can pick from a variety of prices and models to fit your bathroom needs.
2. Showerheads – The EPA explains that “by replacing just one showerhead with a WaterSense labeled model, EPA estimates the average family can save 2,900 gallons of water, the amount of electricity needed to power its home for 13 days, and more than $70 in energy and water costs every year.” There many water-efficient showerheads available in stores; one great option is the Evolve showerhead. Many of us will turn on the shower, and walk away to wait for the water to get hot. This has ShowerStart™ technology, which turns off the water to a slow trickle once it reaches 95-degrees. This way, you are not wasting hot water while you return back to the bathroom.
3. Faucets – The EPA provides a list of eco-friendly faucets that will save on water usage. A typical faucet uses about 2.2 gallons a minute, and these green faucets use a maximum of 1.5, which is about a 30% reduction in water usage. Faucets come in a variety of colors and models to fit your bathroom style.
4. Air – It’s a fact that humidity causes mold, and with the water usage in the bathrooms between brushing teeth, washing hands, taking showers, etc., the bathroom can become a very humid place. Mold can be responsible for allergies, asthma, and other kinds of health issues. Make sure that the air is circulating throughout your bathroom. If you are remodeling, consider adding windows if the bathroom currently doesn’t have any. Furthermore, install exhaust vents and fans.
5. Floors – If you currently have wood or other non-water-friendly floors in your bathroom, consider installing new floors during your Studio City bathroom remodel. Tile is a great choice since it withstands water very well. Tile can make any bathroom remodel look great since it’s so customizable. You can pick the colors that work for you, and even create a beautiful floor design. Redoing a child’s bathroom? Create fish out of tiles. Creating an oasis in your master bathroom? Choose bright and bold colors to mimic wildlife or flowers on your floors. Tiles are eco-friendly since you can use recycled glass, which will not create any more negative aspect on the environment.
Hugs Construction has over 20 years of experience and is a full service construction company in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding Los Angeles area. We work on projects of all sizes, such as kitchen and bath remodeling, wiring and electric work, soundproofing, installing windows and doors, specialty projects and new constructions.
We pride ourselves on utilizing green products to sustain the environment. We strive to maintain high customer satisfaction with every job, making sure that our work lasts for many years to come.
To get a quote for your Studio City green bathroom remodel, contact us.